Tuesday, January 30, 2007

07 Theology Studies


Jan 30, 2007
After reading this very nice book, I have planned to study about Early Church Theology this year. I think from Apostlic period to around St. Augustin (c. 600AD).
Background studies: Platonic and Neo-Platonic. Key figures like Philo, Clement of Alexandria, Origen, etc.
Regarding this book, contents about early church development is quite nice but the modern part is quite messy and there is no discussion about Orthodox after the separation or Scholastic period.
1. Try to find books about how Hellenistic thoughts influenced New Testament writers.
I think I can go through again the book by Hans Jung "Great Christian Thinkers" at which chapter of St. Paul, the paradigm shift made from Judalsm to Christianity.
2. I must study about the concept of Being and Logos during this period. A very distintive idea about Logos and God.
3. The constrast between East and West, Orthodox and Catholic, Byzantine and Roman.

No comments: