Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I missed

It must a long while I didn't come here to drop a few lines.

I plan to make this Blog as my reading journey, to note what I'm going to read, what I have bought, etc. It must be fun and interesting.

The very previous book I read and I can recall is "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova. It's not exciting book which full of poetic senses and European Medival atmosphere. The story is about Dracula.

I don't tell anything about Takaki Naoko. I read all her pictures which have been translated into Chinese. I should have read the Japanese versions but I feel lazy to check up JPN dictionary for this kind of leisure reading.

Now, I'm reading "Secret Supper" by Javier Sierra. Anything about Da Vinci is top heat recently. I read twice
Da Vinci Code within the last 2 years. This Secret Supper, read about 150 pages. I don't know I should blame the author or the translator. The English version is not very good. The plot is not very page catching nor page turning. This story takes advantages of the recent Da Vinci heat, looking another angle of the fresco in Saint Mary church in Milan - Last Supper. So far I sensed the subtle elements like "the different knots on either side of the table. I checked that the right one is called "Knot of Isis", and there is a painting of Mary Magdalene whose dress shows this knot too. Author mentioned the similar look between James and Jesus.

One week before I start this Secret Supper. I bought a BBC documentary DVD about Life of Leonardo Da Vinci. It helps a bit for me to understand the background of the story.

I watched the movie version of Da Vinci Code last Sunday. This movie is sucked. I hate the look of Robert Langdon by Tom Hans. His long hair ......gag me. Main actress' English has very heavy French accent. The movie changed partly the original story. I mostly can't stand Tom Hans argue with Sir Leigh about Holy Grail and the marriage with Mary Magdalene. Robert Langdon is not a christian. I can't find point why he argued with Sir Leigh. Anyway, I feel asleep a while in IFC theatre.

No comments: